The Sales & Use Tax Committee offers an opportunity for dialogue between taxing authorities and member companies regarding issues that concern both parties. Discussions include forms design, distribution, and approval; electronic filing best practices; automated and manual return processing; and maximizing taxpayer compliance and accuracy.
The Sales & Use Tax Committee speaks with a unified voice of industry vendors to partner with taxing authorities to resolve issues of mutual concern.
The Sales & Use Tax Committee works with state and local agencies researching and developing the electronic filing process. The goal of the Sales & Use Tax Committee is to increase taxpayer adoption of electronic filing by making it less complicated to implement, easier for a taxpayer to process and error free.
- Amended return options
- Data Entry
Communication from Jurisdiction:
- Protocol for notifications and issue resolution
- Adequate advance notice
- Types of Communication
- Filing requirements
- Payment requirements
- Reporting requirements
- Legislative changes
Working closely with NACTP provides the following benefits:
Smoother, more cost efficient implementations
- Use the NACTP as an additional resource for early review of forms, file specifications, and processing requirements prior to implementation.
- Our members have extensive domain expertise.
Simplified communication channels
- Broadcast vital information to all of your industry partners from a single distribution list.
- Request and receive industry feedback from a single point of contact.
- Work with an assigned liaison person dedicated to addressing your agency’s critical issues.
Expand your "library" of best practices and lessons learned
- Over the years, the NACTP has become a natural repository of business and technological best practices and lessons learned through the collective experiences of its members.A brochure for the Sales and Use Tax Committee can be found here.